We are representing our client (a well-established FMCG retailer) to look for an Assistant Space Development Manager to optimize store space productivity and margin; and deliver the company’s financial targets in line with the corporate vision and mission.
- Assist in management of “Regular” shelves.
- Develop a placement strategy – facilitate Buyer’s understanding of rationale behind specific tactics and form the framework which space planning team develop planograms.
- Ensure that the overall allocation of regular shelves to each category is well-managed.
- Manage schedule, process and timeline of planogram change and ensure seamless implementation.
- Assist in management of “Promotional” space.
- Ensure strong promotions are highly visible to shoppers with displays that are “logical” to shoppers to give shoppers a pleasant shopping experience.
- Conduct Category Trends and inject new brand to business.
- Keep abreast of category trends and work with Merchandising to capitalize on relevant business opportunities.
- Responsible for space support in regard to brands injections; act with a strong sense of urgency to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on the design of fixtures.
- Accountable for adherence to brand release timelines.
- Review and plan new and refit stores’ performance.
- Recommend action plan to maximize Category and Brand’s performance.
- Optimize macro space planning through customer centric approach and maximize sales and space productivity.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Admin, Retail Management or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar capacity, attained in a dynamic and fast-paced FMCG/Retail environment.
- Knowledge of market trends, consumer needs and behaviour.
- Knowledge of competitors (e.g. promotion, pricing).
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
- Proficient in “Spaceman Professional”.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.