We are representing our client (a well-established FMCG retailer) to look for a Buyer to support the development and implementation of key strategies to maximize retail sales and achieve planned profit targets through stock control, cataloguing, pricing policy, and merchandise promotions.
- Understand consumers’ needs and wants, analyze their evolving shopping and buying patterns to increase sales and market share, for both online & offline markets.
- Keep abreast with market/customer trends and respond appropriately, and anticipate/forecast future trends to make insightful buying decisions, bearing in mind the change/switch in shopping behaviour between online and offline markets.
- Source for new brands and products; and review existing merchandise to ensure competitiveness.
- Manage the entire acquisition process for new products from sourcing, negotiating of prices to terms of contract.
- Manage plans for stock levels, pre-empt and respond to changes in demand and supply and logistics-related challenges.
- Work closely with relevant internal and external parties on activities to build brand awareness of new products, rejuvenate sales of slow moving products and to drive sales for existing products.
- Perform regular competitor analysis to generate new ideas, increase intelligence and to determine price points.
3. Supply/Vendor Management
- Source for new supplier / vendors and manage existing suppliers/vendors ensuring quality service is delivered at all times.
- Ensure suppliers provide quality and safe products.
- Negotiate with suppliers for better product assortment, better costing and support for A&P programs.
- Build strong relationships with vendors, focusing on vendor management, brand acquisition and development.
4. Sales/Profitability of Merchandise
- Conduct regular review of key performance indicators to keep abreast with latest market situations.
- Manage the ROI of space to ensure achievement of targets for financial year.
- Grow category sales; maximize margin to ensure profit growth.
5. Stock Management
- Ensure shelf and inventory on store level are adequately stocked.
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations.
- At least a Diploma in Business Management/Sales & Marketing or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in retail merchandising/ product development of Beauty or Health category.
- Able to build alliance with different stakeholders for executing the online and offline retail initiatives.
- Able to strive in a fast-paced, high volume and dynamic environment.
- Digitally savvy and active online, especially for health and beauty channel.
- A good understanding of consumer behaviour in the new social world both online and offline is valued.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.