We are helping our client, a healthcare service provider, to search for an experienced Cloud Engineer to be part of the Digital and Information Technology team. You will be required to work closely with cross-functional teams to plan, develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
- Evaluate and assess on-premise IT infrastructure’s posture and provide cost-effective cloud migration recommendations and viable architecture design for specific internal and public-facing applications
- Implement stable, secure, efficient, and reliable Cloud infrastructure and operations
- Implement and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Integrate third-party applications with Azure AD cloud-based directory to streamline the application access management and identify protection into single a solution
- Responsible for managing and supporting cloud functionalities and operations based on industry standards, best practices, and service-level agreements
- Perform daily performance and utilization monitoring, analysis, and maintenance of the Cloud System infrastructure to ensure service uptime, optimized utilization, and throughput.
- Work closely with application teams to support onboarding new applications and workloads into the Cloud service provider (Azure or AWS)
- Ensure cloud and resource workloads are deployed in compliance with company policies & guidelines
- Support, troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective/preventive actions during and after an incident
- Actively monitor control and optimize Azure/ AWS Cloud costs
- Continuously evaluate and assess the company’s IT cloud Infrastructure posture in terms of cost, security, and performance and provide improvement plans
- Responsible for confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data in the cloud platform, as well as ensuring proper and secure cloud backup mechanisms in place
- Provide backup assistance to manage hyper-converged infrastructure and VMware virtualizations
- Administer and manage central monitoring tools such as content delivery network, DDOS protection, and web application firewall service
- Work with Cyber security specialists to evaluate, implement and enhance Cloud security, network perimeter security, and endpoint security
- A recognized diploma/degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 1 year of Hands-on experience in managing cloud services including open source infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform, software development, system engineering, and work with major Cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Understanding of architecture and design in server and cloud technologies
- Experience with building CI/CD tools: GIT, Jenkins, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Elk, Prometheus/Grafana, etc
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Good knowledge in Virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent;
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocol; IT operations best practices.