We are representing our client (a well-established FMCG retailer) to look for a Merchandising Assistant Manager to manage a number of Beauty brands and supervise category buyers to maximize and achieve sales targets. The incumbent for this role should ideally have merchandising experience, both online and offline, in a retail and/or FMCG environment.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for assigned categories.
- Monitor market/customer trends and understand the business requirements / key categories, bearing in mind the change/switch in shopping behaviour between online and offline markets.
- Analyse current product ranges and their performance of sales, profit margin and inventory.
- Study and understand consumer lifestyle trends and seek out new potential brands to meet consumers’ needs and hence increase sales and market share, for both online & offline markets.
- Responsible for being up-to-date with market trends and development relevant to the brands.
- Source for new brands and products; review existing merchandise to ensure competitiveness.
- Establish collaborative retailer/supplier relationships.
- Work closely with relevant internal and external parties on activities to build brand awareness of new products, rejuvenate sales of slow moving products and to drive sales for existing products.
- Manage the entire acquisition process for new products from sourcing to negotiating of prices and terms of contract.
- Develop and implement promotional plans.
- Perform regular competitor analysis, to generate new ideas, increase intelligence and to determine price points.
- Manage plans for stock levels, pre-empt and respond to changes in demand and supply and logistics-related challenges.
- Degree in Business Management/Sales & Marketing.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in retail merchandising/product development and product marketing, attained in a fast-paced FMCG or challenging retail environment.
- Analytical, high level of numeracy, sound commercial acumen and strategic business sense.
- Highly organized, assertive with strong negotiating skills, and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, with proven leadership skills to motivate and lead a team.
- High level of drive, integrity and professionalism, and able to thrive under pressure.
- Good foresight in market trend.
- Customer and commercial focused.