We are currently assisting our client, a global technology, defence and engineering group, look for a Network and Computing Engineer.
1. Participate in the development, maintenance and securing of IT networks to support the Client’s product development. This includes
- Setting up various network elements and end user terminals
- Monitoring and enhancing the cybersecurity posture of the network
- Implementing the Group IT policies
- Tracking and allocating IT resources and Assets to support start-up, day-day running, and termination of projects
- Administer User Access for onboarding and off boarding to support the various projects
- Setting up of remote sensing satellite ground station communications system
- IT infrastructure Operational workflow design
- Procurement and maintenance of equipment & systems
2. Work with a team of systems engineers and contractors on IT network operations and Earth observation satellite projects. This includes
- Administering, monitoring, maintaining and optimising WAN, LAN and Wi-Fi networks for optimal performance and maximum availability.
- Ensuring all Network devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls) remains in good working condition.
- Ability to configure, troubleshoot and resolve any issues within Network and Security areas, including performance and capacity issues.
- Documenting and updating all network configuration, firmware, network diagrams and all the cabling for all the end-devices.
- Providing technical support and consultation, conducting procurement and performing project management activities for enhancement and the change in Network and Security configuration.
- Defining processes to manage the network infrastructure.
- Maintenance of the satellite ground station equipment.
- Ensuring IT and network security complies with corporate IT and security policies
3. Support system installation, testing, integration and commissioning of IT systems and end-user support, setup, and maintenance of remote sensing ground stations systems in the client’s and their customers’ premises, conduct trainings and provide follow on technical support to customers.
- Diploma / Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology discipline.
- CCNA or CCNP qualified personnel who has at least 3 years working experience in Information Technology industry.
- Familiar with Cisco Switches and Firewalls.
- Familiar with Palo Alto and CheckPoint Firewalls.
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous and detail oriented.
- Good customer relations, communications and writing skills.
- Good team-worker, motivated with strong interpersonal skills who can work independently.