We are representing our client, a large Chinese bank, to look for a Private Banking (“PB”) Business Compliance Manager to complement the existing team in Singapore.
- Provide operating support related to AML/CFT functions and achieve operational efficiency of end to end workflows in PB.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence of the relevant compliance frameworks guided by the local regulators, international regulators and the branch (e.g. MAS 626, MAS Risk Management, SFA-FAA, FAIR, PB Code, PDPA, FATCA, CRS. etc.).
- Support the business to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Review client/counterparties/service providers’ documentation/agreement to perform due diligence and risk assessment for on-boarding purpose.
- Perform on-going KYC review of PB clients and annual review of counterparties/service providers as part of ongoing monitoring.
- Facilitate internal training and external training arrangement.
- Handle complaints and data protection matters.
- Work with other departments for the relevant reporting requirements and resolve any ad-hoc regulatory/compliance-related matters. Attend to requests or queries from Legal & Compliance Department, internal and external auditors on business compliance related matters.
- Maintain up to date PB policies and procedures related to business compliance functions.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in AML/KYC compliance functions in PB or Wealth Management industry.
- Familiar with local and international regulations related to compliance functions (e.g. MAS Notice 626 on Preventing Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism for Banks, PDPA, FATCA, PB Code of Conduct and MAS Guidelines on PB Controls).
- Experience in reviewing of counterparties and knowledge of PB Investment Suitability Framework is good to have.
- Understand the importance of compliance, controls and escalation processes.
- Meticulous and well-versed in reporting and documentation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and a good team player.