We are representing our client in the Shipping industry to look for an experienced Product Owner to join their team. As a Product Owner in the Business Transformation Team (BTT), you will support BTT members in managing multiple projects, capturing detailed user stories and requirements from the business users and communicating them effectively to the IT and development teams. The role is also responsible for assisting the Business Transformation Head with overall programme management and execution of critical paths across multiple project streams.
- Educating team members and enforcing best SCRUM practice within the business transformation team.
- Effectively capture requirements and user stories from business users.
- Successfully communicate these requirements to the IT and development teams and ensure the work is carried out to a satisfactory level prior to deployment.
- Fully understand the interdependencies of various business processes, workflow and requirements to drive the implementation of functional, process and product initiatives for each transformation stage.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for each phase of the project and when required procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Manage actuals vs budget implementation hours, and communicate revised budgets for any scope changes.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment using proven methodologies.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, stakeholder management and excellence.
- Assist the Business Transformation Head in delivering appropriate and effective executive level communication through weekly progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences of the team and internal business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience working in a software project as a qualified Scrum Product Owner and project manager
- Proven experience in managing transformation and process re-engineering projects involving software (build/buy) technology components.
- Proven experience in holding others accountable for deliverables and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders including third party vendors, internal IT and cross-functional departments.
- Proven track record and ability in managing project, representing both business and IT departments, with a focus on delivering defined business objectives and outcomes.
- Proven success in providing on-site leadership for project teams, building and motivating team members.
- Commercially astute and understand both customer and user experience, internal process and functional owner impact.
- Ability to work in both vendor and client facing roles and be the single point of contact for the Business Transformation Team on technical and business activities.
- Ability to switch among multiple projects in short periods and sometimes support simultaneous projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in managing software implementation and running software development team.
- Experience in the Container Shipping Industry is preferred but not essential.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner strongly preferred, Certified PMP and/or Prince2 preferred.