We are representing our client (an established leading IT technology provider) looking for a Solution Consultant to be part of their existing presales team to engage prospects and clients in service-related offerings.
- Drive pre-sales activities in support of company sales growth and strategy for service-related opportunities, especially in the aspects of Managed Services.
- Engage the customers the company would like to acquire with the support of the sales/marketing team and vendors to generate and engage these leads to present the company value proposition.
- Engage, Present, Analyse, Propose, Negotiate and Convert qualified prospects into deals
- Translate client requirements into solutions, and confident with an ability to handle pressure in critical situations by always ensuring that client requirements are met i.e., solutioning, POC verification, and traditional IT cloud solution design for public cloud projects
- Work with the PMO, project, and services delivery team (including the Operation team) to develop business proposals, scope of work, and costing within certain gross margins before presenting to the clients.
- Keep abreast and insight into the competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Improve governance (policies, standards, guidelines) on successful delivery outcomes e.g., industry compliances, delivery frameworks/playbooks, port mortem reviews
- Degree or other equivalent
- At least 8 years of IT experience – with customer reference of Managed Services
- Technical knowledge of on-premises (data centers, virtualization, hyper-converge, security) and cloud ecosystems – AWS, Azure, Huawei, Alibaba
- Technical knowledge infra stack i.e. x86, Unix, storage, networks, security, desktops/laptops/devices, servers
- Knowledge of managed services
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of IT lifecycle management
- Knowledge of ITSM – Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Patch Management
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strategic Business Acumen, and resilience in sales pursuits
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to coordinate between technical and business teams.
- Able to interact with various levels of internal and external stakeholders both in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to efficiently understand client organizations and their business model and to tailor relevant processes to privacy requirements.
- Previous technical experience as a consultant or Managed Services delivery in Infrastructure and Operations, Cloud and Enterprise Computing projects
- Experience in handling large Enterprise RFQ/RFP and government tender
- Certification: VMWare, AWS, Azure preferred