We are representing our client, a large IT solution provider, to look for an experienced Systems Consultant (Infrastructure) to complement the existing team. The role is responsible to support IT infrastructure implementation as well as operation support activities.
- To be subject matter expert in systems implementation such as VMWare, Microsoft OS, Linux, Data Management & Protection, System Virtualization, High Availability & Disaster Recovery and Cloud.
- Participate as technical team member in the full deployment and integration during a project life-cycle
- Determine the technical scope based on requirements and provide technical advice, BOM and SOW to the Project Manager/Account Manager
- Install and configure services as per the approved implementation plan
- Carry out technology, professional and maintenance support services as per scope within the stipulated duration/ timeline
- Provide technical support for escalation cases
- Provide technical deliverables such as high level design document, user acceptance test (UAT) doc and as-built documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level equivalent in Computer Science or Information Technologies discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in Enterprise Systems infrastructure
- Experience in virtualization and cloud related certification is preferred but not a must. E.g. VMWare, Microsoft, RHCE, AWS, or similar
- Experience in Operating System/HA deployment (Microsoft & Linux), Data Protection (NetBackup, Veeam), and Virtualization (VMWare, Microsoft)
- Preferably with experience in major public cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
- Systems and Storage related certification is preferred but not a must. E.g. Solaris certified professional, RHCE or similar
- Experienced in implementation and support from a similar field in System Integration
- Solid foundation in Systems and Storage infrastructure will be the key to success in this role