We are representing our client in the Shipping industry to look for an experienced Systems Engineer to complement the existing team. As part of the global IT team, the System Engineer will support the business needs of the organization. The successful candidate will be working together with the Network, Security and Software development team members to ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures comply with internal and external standards and security requirements.
- Perform day-to-day operational functions in support of the Microsoft 365 environment. Serve as a MS365 administrator and subject matter expert, managing and maintaining the MS365 infrastructure, applications, and related technologies.
- Perform system administration duties in Hybrid cloud environment; Hyper-V/VMware virtualization, Microsoft Windows server, Microsoft Azure Cloud and Microsoft SQL.
- Monitor and ensure optimal system performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and ensure system’s availability and reliability in Production environment.
- Perform system patching and ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Perform data management and backup duties for both on-premise and cloud systems and applications.
- Assist with Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Test (VAPT) and IT audit exercise with security team members and external vendors.
- Involve in the planning and execution of annual IT DR drills.
- Provide escalation support per request from various sources; investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Participate in on-call escalation rotations for 24x7x365 support; evening, overnight, and weekend, holiday and on-call work may be required.
- Minimum Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- Relevant certification in MS365 certification is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience as a System Engineer.
- Exposure with Azure, Active Directory, Intune, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange online and other Microsoft 365 product suite.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Hyper-V virtualization and databases.
- Good understanding of cybersecurity principles include conditional access and cloud application security
- Experienced with backup tools like Commvault, Azure Backup.
- Proficiency in PowerShell, Azure CLI and other scripting language.
- Basic knowledge in network infrastructure