We are representing our client, a large Chinese bank, to look for a Team Lead for the Personal Banking Credit Approval & Management Team to complement the existing team in Singapore.
- Review and improve credit policies and procedures of personal banking businesses, and assist in the risk identification and mitigation of new business initiatives.
- Lead the personal banking credit approval team within Risk Management Department.
- Work with business departments (Credit Card Center, Retail Banking, Private Banking) to ensure smooth and timely processing of credit facilities.
- Approve personal banking credit facilities within delegated approval authority.
- Review and evaluate personal banking credit facility applications submitted by business units, such as credit cards, housing loans, premium financing loans, financial assets backed lending (Lombard Loan) etc.
- Ensure credit applications submitted are in line with the Bank’s credit guidelines and regulatory requirements. Review and submit for higher level approval if necessary.
- Perform loan portfolio monitoring and reviews, e.g. credit card portfolio monitoring, private banking lombard loan collateral shortfall monitoring.
- Identify and evaluate potential risk factors and propose/implement mitigating measures.
- Participate in user requirements gathering and system enhancement projects, as well as User Acceptance Testing.
- Complete other responsibilities/tasks assigned by the Management.
- Minimum a recognized university degree with finance, accounting or related majors.
- Familiar with personal banking credit facilities and relevant regulatory requirements.
- More than 8 years of credit analysis/approval experience in a banking environment, with knowledge and exposure to retail banking and private banking credit facilities.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Strong credit risk analysis and data analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of wealth management products.
- Possess strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese is required as incumbent is required to liaise with Chinese counterparts from Head Office.