We are representing our client in the Shipping industry to look for an experienced Technical Executive to complement the existing team. The candidate has the responsibility for the efficient operation of the ships to which he/she has been assigned and work as a member of the Ship Management Team.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes for marine services on e-commerce platform.
- Coordinate between client and service provider and arranging service engineers to attend to vessel for servicing.
- Technical assistance providing between vessel and vendor to order correct spares.
- Monitor service progress is on schedule with minimal disruption and demurrage. Ensure that the Service Provider maintains operations schedule with a high service quality.
- Ensure all activities are carried out and comply with the company’s regulations.
- Sourcing & identify Vendors (Marine Services providers); negotiating with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms for Marine Services products to onboard our e-commerce platform.
- Identify, arrange and follow up on off land items from vessel for repair / service.
- Support Superintendents in dry docking and related activities.
- Update, maintain accuracy and practice good housekeeping of vessel forms, plans and drawings.
- Upkeep of the DNV ship manager for PMS jobs/spares and inventories. New jobs to be added and spare utilization by vessels to be tracked.
- Minumum Diploma in Marine Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experiences in a Marine Shipmanagement/owners company.
- Certificate of Competency CoC Class 4 or 3 will be advantageous;
- Working experience in Ship Manager Software System (i.e DNV, Amos, PAL, Bassnet) is required
- Working experience in MS Excel and Word.
- Meticulous, pro-active with a positive attitude and willing to learn.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others in a fast-paced working environment.
- Able to multi-task, willing to work flexible hours when required.
- Attention to details and strong in planning.